Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I want to lock my hair. Can anyone tell me about the process?

Does anyone here have dreadlocks? I posted something on this the other day. I'm so sick of dealing with my hair. The work and hours I spend doing and re-doing my hair, the shedding, breakage, clipping the ends, washing, tangling, combing out and more tangling, I just cant take it anymore I'm really REALLY sick of going through this.



If there's someone here with dreadlocks can you please tell me what's involved in the locking process?



I want to lock my hair. Can anyone tell me about the process?

I would recommend going to a professional. I am natural and I have attempted to lock my hair (I eventually decided I didn't want it locked) but even with naturally kinky hair, it is a bit difficult and should be left in the hands of a professional.



If you are strapped for cash or just determined to do them yourself, you should buy lock gel or a pomeade. Stay away from beeswax as it will not wash out and it makes your hair look even more disgusting. Be patient and don't expect results in a week.



If your hair isnt naturally kinky or curly it is going to be difficult for it to lock but if you really want this look, stick in it long enough. http://www.dreadheadhq.com/ is a good website with a lot of products and tips especially if you are white and trying to lock it because it seems to cater specifically to you.



Be patient and be willing to not wash your hair for a while and hopefully it works out for you.



I want to lock my hair. Can anyone tell me about the process?

Yes I do dreads all the time. First in for most you need to part the small hair that you intend to dread. Get some beez waz and twist the hair counter-clockwise. Follow each step for each dread.



I want to lock my hair. Can anyone tell me about the process?

i don't have dreadlocks but one of my best friends has had them since he was 6. he has to go every feew months to get it re-dreaded. since he's had it in so long it looks fuzzy like a fur ball, but that's probably also cause of the sixe of them. i would get small ones if i was you. ya know to keep some styl with it, without looking hideous.



if you want to know the process it's simple. they take jel and just twist the hair. when you first get it it can come out but later on the only way to do it is to cut it all off.



I want to lock my hair. Can anyone tell me about the process?

http://www.wikihow.com/Dreadlock-Straigh...



This site goes through step by step on how to create locks.



I want to lock my hair. Can anyone tell me about the process?

dont use conditioner, twist hair then knot it all up bye rolling it in between ur fingertips then take two little locks from the single lock u are working on, start from the end and pull to knot it all up, twist and roll some more, do that repetitively and u will have dreads that wont come out

No comments:

Post a Comment